Child Psychologist in St. Charles, Missouri
2850 West Clay in St. Charles. The building is the former St. Charles Medical Clinic, which has been beautifully renovated. Once inside, proceed upstairs to the right and suite 255 is at the end of the hall on your left. Click here for a map.
Depending on the referral question, any combination of the following tests may be administered:
1. Your child's previous medical, academic or psychological records are reviewed.
2. A detailed history of your child and family is taken through an interview.
3. After reviewing the nature of the problem and the information gathered, a decision is made about which tests will most effectively answer the referral question.
4. Tests are then administered to assess your child's academic, emotional, and behavioral strengths and weaknesses. One or two mornings of testing are scheduled (depending on the referral question, the age of the child, and their level of functioning).
5. Based on the results of testing, a report is written that identifies your child's specific strengths and weaknesses, and provides recommendations for the treatment of any problems through educational, psychological, medical, and/or physical therapies.
6. After the evaluation is complete, the results are reviewed with you and perhaps your child (depending on his or her age) and plans are made for follow-up with your child's teacher(s) and/or medical professionals. We will discuss any questions you might have so that you walk away with a good understanding of the results.
This can vary according to the purpose (and therefore length) of the evaluation. My fee is $150 per hour; this includes testing, interview(s), scoring, contacting teachers and/or physicians, report writing, and feedback time. Fees are due at the time of service. I do not bill insurance or third parties; some parents have been reimbursed for my fees as an out-of-network provider. Paying by credit card allows families to spread the cost out over time and to more easily document the expense for tax purposes. Contact me to discuss your child's situation in detail.